Call for Papers
APBC2018 invites high quality original full papers on any topic related to Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. The submitted papers must have not been published or under the consideration for publication in any other journal or conference with formal proceedings.
Papers are solicited on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Sequence analysis, especially high-throughput sequencing applications
- Genomics, Epigenetics, Metagenomics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics
- RNA structure and function
- Comparative genomics, Population genetics
- Evolution and phylogeny
- Protein structure analysis
- Systems biology, Synthetic biology, Quantitative biology
- Full paper submission due:
July 30th, 2017 August 20th, 2017, 11:59pm (extended!)
- Full paper author notification:
September 30th, 2017 October 7th, 2017
- Full paper final version due: October 22nd, 2017
- Full paper author registration deadline: October 27th, 2017
Instructions for Authors:
Accepted papers will be invited to be published in the following journals:
- BMC Bioinformatics
- BMC Genomics
- BMC Systems Biology
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (TCBB)
- Computational Biology and Chemistry (Elsevier)
You can prepare your APBC2018 submission using the formatting template of any of the five journals above. The formatting requirements and templates are given below:
In general, you should use the template of the journal whose preferred themes are closest to your paper. For example, papers that are more algorithmic in nature are slightly preferred at TCBB, papers that are more systems biology modelling in nature best fit BMC Systems Biology, papers that are more genomic in nature are slightly preferred at BMC Genomics, and papers that are more bioinformatics methods and techniques in nature are preferred at BMC Bioinformatics. However, note that you may be required to reformat your paper after its acceptance to conform to the journal’s special issue that the paper is assigned to.
Best paper awards:
One best paper award and one best student paper award will be given.
- All accepted papers will have to be presented by one of the authors at the conference.
- Since 2015, easychair system does not allow multiple file uploads and archival file format. Authors can put their supplemental materials on their own web site and add one link in their main paper (PDF).
- You need to pay publication fees in case your manuscript will be selected for publication. Please check the website of the relevant journal for more information.